One of the most underrated components of a good sound system is the car audio crossover. Crossovers are responsible for separating the frequencies sent to your speakers so that the tweeters only receive high frequencies and the woofers only receive low frequencies. When these components are not up to par, you end up with a muddy sound where you can’t distinguish between instruments and vocals.
To help you find the best car audio crossover for your needs, we’ve turned to reviews from real customers on Amazon who has purchased and used these products for themselves. These best-selling products not only have near-perfect ratings, but they also have countless glowing reviews describing why they’re so great.
Top 10 Car Audio Crossover
Our Editor’s Best Car Audio Crossover Reviews
Clarion MCD360 2/3-Way 6-Channel Electronic Crossover w/ 5-Volt RCA Outputs + Subwoofer Equalizer
- This car audio crossover is made in China.
- This car audio crossover is a package that includes a weight of 1.157 kg. This is a great choice for shoppers who are looking for a car audio system that is easy to install and use.
- This car audio crossover is for a single speaker. It helps to produce clear and accurate sound by dividing the audio signal into high and low frequencies.
- This car audio crossover has three levers that control the sound output to the front speakers, rear speakers, and subwoofer respectively. This allows the user to customize the sound mix to their liking.
- This car audio crossover has six channels, four of which are RCA inputs.
- This is a car audio crossover that has 6 channels and 5-volt RCA outputs. It is used to connect the front, rear, and subwoofer speakers to an amplifier.
- This car audio crossover has three separate controls for the front, rear, and subwoofer audio levels, as well as a subwoofer equalizer and boost level control. This allows the user to adjust the sound to their liking and create a custom audio experience.
- This car audio crossover is designed to multiply the high-pass frequency, allowing for greater control over the sound quality of your car stereo. With this crossover, you can fine-tune the highs to your liking, creating a custom sound system that is tailored to your unique taste.
- This car audio crossover has a remote subwoofer level control and gold-plated terminals.
American Bass Black 3-Way Electronic Crossover w/Remote Bass Knob ABX 3.1A
- This car audio crossover lets you adjust the bass level of your car stereo system, and includes a knob for easy control.
- This car audio crossover is designed to work with 11-15V DC power supplies and can handle up to 0.3A of current. It is also designed to produce very little distortion, with a THD of 0.01%.
- This is a car audio crossover with a frequency response of 10Hz to 50KHz and a signal-to-noise ratio of more than 95dB. It has a separation of 60dB.
- This car audio crossover has a front high-pass of 35-400Hz, a front high-pass of 700-8KHz, a rear high-pass of 35-400Hz, and a sub-low-pass of 45-250Hz.
- This car audio crossover is designed to take a high-impedance input and convert it to a low-impedance output. It can output up to 8 volts.
PRV AUDIO EX4.6 PRO 4 Way Crossover Car Audio, 4 in 6 RCA Output, 9 Volts RMS Electronic Crossover
- This car audio crossover is innovative because it gives the user the power to customize the sound with a wide frequency of filter adjustment. This is a great feature for those who want to have complete control over their sound system.
- This car audio crossover has 4-way adjustable HIGH PASS and LOW PASS filters, output level control on each channel, and an adjustable BASS BOOST option on the Sub Out channel.
- This car audio crossover is designed to be quick and efficient, with an on/off button for each channel and a crossover slope rate of Butterworth 12 db/Octave.
- This is a car audio crossover that has 2/3/4 RCA inputs for 3 channels – 1 stereo and 2 mono, or 6 RCA outputs for 4 channels – 2 stereo and 2 mono. This crossover is designed to give you the best sound quality possible from your car audio system.
- The car audio crossover is a device that allows you to control the frequency ranges that are sent to your car speakers. This particular model is made by PRV Audio and has been on the market for 15 years.
PRV AUDIO DSP 2.8X Car Audio Crossover and Equalizer 8 Channel Full Digital Signal Processor DSP with Sequencer
- This car audio crossover has an LCD display that shows 16×2 characters and allows you to make audio adjustments in real-time.
- This car audio crossover has two audio inputs and eight outputs. You can choose which audio source to use for each output.
- This car audio system has a 15-band graphic equalizer, allowing the user to manually tune the sound, or to choose from 12 preset sound options. These presets include Flat, Loudness, Bass Boost, Mid Bass, Treble Boost, Powerful, Electronic, Rock, Hip Hop, Pop, Vocal, and Pancadão.
- This car audio crossover has 1 INPUT Parametric Equalizer and 1 OUTPUT Parametric Equalizer with gain control, specific frequency setting, and equalizer bandwidth, allowing fine adjustments and detailed equalization control.
- This car audio crossover has a sequencer feature that allows it to activate and deactivate other products according to the input signal from the remote input.
LANZAR Upgraded 3-Way Electronic Audio Crossover – Network Hi-Pass and Low-Pass Channel 12dB Octave Slope Power LED Indicator w/Remote Subwoofer Control and Parallel Input Switch – Vibe VIBEX6, White
- The Lanzar Vibe 3-way electronic crossover network is a car audio crossover that features hi-pass and low-pass crossover. Hi-pass crossover has 32Hz – 800 kHz frequency response for front and rear channels. Low-pass crossover has 50Hz – 160 kHz for the subwoofer channel.
- This car audio crossover has a power LED indicator that will light up when the power supply is activated and the unit is operational. It also comes with a remote subwoofer level control and parallel input switch, as well as a mixed-in/out switch.
- The Vibe X6 crossover network series gives you complete control of your sound with the stereo or mono switch. The subwoofer channel between 50 Hz and 160 hz is for the selection of the low-pass crossover frequency. This allows you to tailor the sound of your car audio system to your specific preferences.
- This car audio crossover has a 12dB per octave crossover slope, which is designed to make your amplifier work more efficiently and make your speakers sound their best.
- The car audio crossover is a Lanzar upgraded audio crossover that measures 7.5”H x 7”W x 1.4”D. The X10 frequency multiplier for front channel, 40Hz – 120 kHz variable bass frequency provides full range and control of the speakers’ performance.
Hifonics HFXR Hide Away 2 Or 3-Way Crossover, Silver
- This car audio crossover is designed to allow high-frequency sounds to pass through to the rear speakers while blocking out low-frequency sounds. This will result in clearer sound quality for the rear speakers.
- This car audio crossover has front, rear, and subwoofer level adjustments. This means that you can customize the sound of your car’s audio system to your liking.
- This car audio crossover has both front and rear inputs, as well as front, rear, and subwoofer outputs. This makes it a great choice for anyone looking to improve the sound quality of their car stereo system.
BOSS Audio Systems PF1800 4 Channel Car Amplifier – 1800 Watts, Full Range, Class A-B, 2-4 Ohm Stable, Mosfet Power Supply, Bridgeable
- This car audio crossover is a four-channel amplifier that can produce up to 450 watts of power per channel at 2 ohms, 225 watts per channel at 4 ohms, or 900 watts of power when bridged at 4 ohms.
- This car audio crossover features Class A/B topology, meaning that it has Class ‘A’ amplifiers with a lot of current flowing through its output transistors, and Class ‘B’ amplifiers with no current flowing through its outputs. This makes for a more efficient and powerful car audio system.
- A Full Range car audio crossover is an amplifier that can be used to run both speakers and subwoofers. This is a great option for shoppers who want to be able to use both types of audio equipment in their cars.
- This is a car audio crossover that uses a MOSFET to power the system. It is more efficient than other crossovers because it does not use secondary feedback circuitry.
- This car audio crossover has a variable gain control, which allows you to adjust the amount of signal coming from your receiver to your amplifier, without affecting the overall volume. This can be useful for fine-tuning the sound of your system, or for compensating for different types of sources (e.g. a weaker FM signal vs. a stronger DVD signal).
- This car audio crossover has a variable BASS boost, so you can control how much BASS is pumped out to your subwoofer(s).
- This car audio crossover will allow the shopper to increase the power output to their speakers and subwoofers by connecting two amplifier channels. This will provide a significant boost in audio performance.
- This car audio crossover has dimensions of 13.5” x 10.31” x 2.25 and weighs 12 lbs.
- The BOSS Audio Systems car audio crossover comes with a powerful 6-year Platinum Online Dealer Warranty when purchased through Amazon.com. Professional installation is recommended to ensure proper and safe functionality.
Audiopipe CRX-203 2 Way 4 Ohm Car Audio Passive Crossover Networks (2 Pack)
- This is a gold-plated car audio crossover with screw terminals. It is used to route high-frequency signals to the tweeters and low-frequency signals to the woofers.
- This car audio crossover is rated for 150 watts RMS (root mean square) and 300 watts peak. This means that it can handle an average of 150 watts of power and can handle short bursts of up to 300 watts.
- This car audio crossover has a tweeter frequency of 3.39 to 20kHz.
- The car audio crossover is a device that allows certain frequencies of sound to be directed to the woofer, while other frequencies are directed to the tweeter. In this case, the range of frequencies that can be directed to the woofer is 20 to 4.3kHz.
- This car audio crossover features high-grade polymer capacitors for excellent sound quality.
Audiopipe 2 Way Crossover CRX-203 400 Watts Passive Crossover Car Audio Tweeter
- This car audio crossover has gold-plated screw terminals, which provide a high-quality connection for your audio system.
- This car audio crossover is capable of 150 watts RMS (root mean square) or 300 watts peak. This is a measure of its power-handling capacity.
- This car audio crossover is made with high-grade polymer capacitors, which offer superior sound quality and durability.
- This is a woofer frequency crossover for a car audio system. It allows frequencies between 20Hz and 4.3kHz to be played through the woofer, and filters out any other frequencies.
- This car audio crossover is for a tweeter. The tweeter frequency is 3.9kHz-20kHz.
Audiotek -CX2-300 Watts Maximum Power 2 Way 4 Ohm Car Audio Passive Crossover Networks/High and Low-Frequency Response/Crossover- 3500 kHz (Pack of 2)
- This car audio crossover is a 2-pack of 2-way crossovers. This product is designed to improve the sound quality of your car’s audio system by allowing high and low frequencies to be routed to the appropriate speakers. This crossover features gold-plated connections for optimal signal transfer and is easy to install.
- This car audio crossover has a high and low-frequency response. This means that it can reproduce both high and low frequencies accurately. This is important for getting the full range of sound from your car stereo.
- This car audio crossover has a maximum power of 300W.
- The car audio crossover has a frequency of 3.5kHz.
- A car audio passive crossover network is a device that is installed in a car to allow the different speakers in the car to receive the correct frequencies of sound. The crossover network ensures that the tweeter receives high frequencies and the woofer receives low frequencies. This results in clearer sound and less distortion.
Car Audio Crossover FAQs
1. What is a car audio crossover and why do I need one?
A car audio crossover is a device that allows you to route different frequencies of audio to different speakers. This lets you tailor the sound of your car stereo to your specific needs and preferences. Crossovers are particularly useful if you have multiple speakers in your car, as they can help to prevent sound quality issues such as phase cancellation.
2. How do I choose the right car audio crossover for my system?
When choosing a car audio crossover, you will want to consider the wattage rating of your amplifier, the number of speakers you have, and the impedance of your speakers.
3. What are the benefits of using a car audio crossover?
One of the main benefits of using a car audio crossover is that it can help improve the sound quality of your car stereo system. A crossover can help to improve the sound quality by allowing you to better control the frequencies that are being sent to each of your speakers. This can help to improve the overall sound quality of your system by making sure that each speaker is only receiving the frequencies that it is designed to reproduce.
4. How do I install a car audio crossover?
If you are installing a car audio crossover for the first time, you will need to remove the existing head unit and speakers. Once you have removed the head unit and speakers, you will need to install the crossover in the location where the head unit was previously installed. After the crossover is installed, you will need to reconnect the head unit and speakers.
5. How do I troubleshoot a car audio crossover?
There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot a car audio crossover. First, check the fuse. If the fuse is blown, replace it with a new one. Next, check the wires and connections. Make sure all the wires are properly connected and there are no loose or damaged wires. Finally, check the speakers. Make sure the speakers are properly connected and there is no damage to the speaker cones.
There are many great car audio crossovers on the market. Our list of the best car audio crossover will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.