When you search for car subwoofers on Amazon, you’re met with thousands of options, all promising to pump out bass so powerful, you’ll think the bassist from your favorite band is sitting in the backseat. Finding the right subwoofer for your car can be a daunting task, but when you find the right one, the bass will make all that digging through options worth it.
To help you select the best down-firing car subwoofer for your vehicle, we’ve turned to reviews from real customers on Amazon who has purchased and used these products for themselves. These best-selling items not only have near-perfect ratings, but they also have dozens of glowing reviews describing why they’re so great.
Top 10 Best Down-Firing Car Subwoofers
Our Editor’s Best Down Firing Car Subwoofer Reviews
Alphasonik AS10DF 10″ 1200 Watts 4-Ohm Down Fire Shallow Mount Flat Enclosed Sub woofer for Tight Spaces in Cars and Trucks, Slim Thin Loaded Subwoofer Air Tight Sealed Bass Enclosure
- This is a 10″ shallow subwoofer that is down-firing and sealed in an enclosure.
- This car subwoofer has a peak power of 1200 watts and an RMS of 400 watts. This means that it can produce up to 1200 watts of power, but will typically produce around 400 watts.
- This car subwoofer has an impedance of 4 ohms and a frequency response of 30Hz – 500Hz. It is also sensitive to 95dB.
- This car subwoofer features a spun aluminum cone, rubber EPDM surround, and copper wound Kapton voice coil for durability and exceptional sound quality. The MDF construction ensures that the subwoofer will withstand the rigors of use.
- This car subwoofer is down-firing, meaning that the subwoofer is mounted in the downward-facing position. The subwoofer is 18.7″ wide, 6.1″ high, and 12.2″ deep.
KICKER L7TDF 12-inch (30cm) Thin L7 Down Firing Subwoofer Enclosure, 2-Ohm
- This car subwoofer is down-firing, meaning that the speaker is facing downwards, and is loaded in a custom-tuned box. The box is designed to be ultra-thin and square so that it doesn’t take up too much space.
- This car subwoofer is tough and can resist stacking weight and scratches. It is also down-firing, meaning that the sound will come from the bottom of the subwoofer.
- This down-firing car subwoofer is equipped with a thin L7T Solo-Baric sub, which means it can easily fit under the seat, in your trunk, or in your cargo area – no grille needed!
- The L7T is a down-firing car subwoofer that features Forced-Air Cooling, creating high-power handling and ultra-reliability.
Kicker 48TRTP122 Car Audio Down Firing 12″ Thin Sub Box w/ Passive Radiator New
- This car subwoofer is designed to stay cool even when in use for extended periods of time. This is thanks to the forced-air cooling system which helps to dissipate heat quickly and efficiently.
- The CompRT Subwoofer is a down-firing car subwoofer that is designed to produce high-quality bass. The subwoofer is 12″ in size and has a high output reFLEX passive radiator which intensifies bass output.
- This subwoofer is designed to be mounted in the cargo area of a car, so it won’t take up any extra space. It’s also designed to resist stacking weight, so it can be used in a tight space without worry.
- This is a subwoofer that can be mounted without sacrificing sound quality. It is perfect for those who want to add bass to their car without taking up a lot of space.
- This car subwoofer is designed to provide hard-hitting bass from a shallow-mount design.
Kicker 48TRTP122 TRTP 12″ 1000w Down Firing Subwoofer Enclosure+Amplifier+Wires
- This is a complete car subwoofer and amplifier package that includes a 12″ down-firing subwoofer enclosure and passive radiator, a 2000-watt peak/500-watt RMS mono 2-ohm amplifier, and a 4 gauge complete car amp wiring installation kit with RCA’s.
- The RWK41 is a down-firing car subwoofer that comes with a 17’ high-grade twisted pair of 100% copper RCA cables, 4 gauge translucent blue Superflex power cables, 18 gauge blue remote cable, and 16 gauge clear speaker wire. It also includes a 3’4 gauge clear Superflex ground wire, gold plated AGU heat resistant fuse holder, and 60 amp AGU gold plated fuse. This subwoofer also comes with a 7’ split tube loom and accessories that include wire ties, ring terminals, butt connectors, spades, and grommets.
- The dB12 is a down-firing car subwoofer that is 2000 watts peak/500 watts RMS. It is dyno-certified and has a 2-ohm impedance. It is also budget-friendly.
- This is a down-firing car subwoofer that is designed, engineered, developed, and quality controlled in the USA. It has a high-speed MOSFET power supply and is fully adjustable 12dB / octave crossover with differential circuitry. The low pass filter is 50Hz – 250Hz and the subsonic filter is 15Hz – 55Hz. It has a phase control switch of 0-180 degrees and full IC-controlled protection circuitry. The remote dashboard subwoofer control is a fully adjustable 12dB bass equalizer. The mute and delay soft start system is the RCA preamp line output.
KICKER TRTP 8-inch (20cm) Thin Down Firing Subwoofer and Passive Radiator Enclosure, 2-Ohm, RoHS Compliant
- This car subwoofer has new forced-air cooling to help it run 20 percent cooler.
- The subwoofer is 8 inches and thin-mount which means it can be installed in a tight space. The passive radiator increases bass output.
- This car subwoofer is designed to be mounted in the cargo area of your car and is able to resist stacking weight without any space issues.
- The subwoofer has a minimum mounting depth without sacrificing musical punch. It is ideal for cars with limited space.
- This is a down-firing car subwoofer that is designed to provide hard-hitting bass. It is a shallow-mount design that makes it easy to install.
Kicker 48CVTDF102 Single 10-Inch Down-Firing CompVT 2-Ohm Enclosure Compatible with 700 Watts 10″ Subwoofer
- This is a subwoofer that is designed to be installed in a downward-firing position. It has a sealed enclosure and one 10″ CompVT subwoofer.
- This car subwoofer has a total impedance of 2 ohms.
- This car subwoofer can handle 350 watts RMS (root mean square) or 700 watts peak. This means that it can handle an average of 350 watts or short bursts of 700 watts.
Kenwood Excelon P-XW1002B 10″ Subwoofer with Sealed Down-Firing Enclosure | 10″ 4-ohm subwoofer
- This down-firing car subwoofer has a carbon glass fiber honeycomb cone. This cone helps to produce clear, powerful bass. The honeycomb design of the cone also helps to reduce distortion.
- This car subwoofer has a 5/8″ MDF construction and black carpet.
- This car subwoofer can handle up to 250 watts of power from an amplifier (or up to 1,000 watts of power if only for short periods of time). This subwoofer is designed to be installed in a car so that the sound fires down towards the floor.
Kicker 48TRTP122 Car Audio Down Firing 12″ Thin Sub Box w/ Passive Radiator New
- This car subwoofer has an injection-molded polypropylene cone with a rubber surround. This combination provides a durable, yet flexible material that can produce great sound quality.
- This down-firing car subwoofer can handle 500 watts RMS (1000 watts peak).
- The car subwoofer has a top-mount depth of 3.75 inches.
DS18 EN-DF10A 10″ Amplified Thin Shallow Down-Firing Subwoofer Enclosure 500 Watts – Powered Subwoofer Box Compact Sealed Design for Car & Trucks
- This down-firing car subwoofer is a great option for shoppers who are looking to add bass to their car without taking up a lot of space. It is designed to fit all cars and trucks and is a great option for Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Ford F150, F250, Chevy Silverado, and Dodge Ram.
- This car subwoofer is a down-firing subwoofer that uses a 10-inch subwoofer in a compact enclosure to help extend and elaborate the bass for your music. The subwoofer is sized 20” x 11” x 6”.
- This car subwoofer comes with a built-in amplifier that requires power (250W RMS and 500W MAX Power Handling) before allowing you to access the dB boosting, phase adjusting, and low pass filtration settings. The included low pass filter promotes clarity in your audio by filtering out high-frequency noise for distortion-free audio when you need it.
- This car subwoofer is down-firing, meaning that the speaker is facing downwards. This provides for a more powerful bass sound. The subwoofer is also enclosed in a housing, which helps to protect it from damage.
- This car subwoofer has a compact design that allows for endless options for placement in areas with minimal space.
KICKER L7TDF 8-inch (20cm) Thin L7 Down Firing Subwoofer Enclosure, 2-Ohm
- The L7T Down-Firing Loaded Enclosures are ultra-thin, square subwoofers that are loaded in a custom-tuned box. They are made to pound out the low notes without taking up the cargo space you need.
- This down-firing car subwoofer has a tough enclosure design that resists stacking weight and scratches.
- This subwoofer is down-firing, meaning that the speaker is mounted facing downwards. It is equipped with a thin L7T Solo-Baric subwoofer, which is designed to fit easily under a seat, in a trunk, or in a cargo area. No grille is needed.
- The L7T car subwoofer has a down-firing design and features Forced-Air Cooling to create high-power handling and ultra-reliability.
Down Firing Car Subwoofer FAQs
1. What is a down-firing car subwoofer?
A down-firing car subwoofer is a subwoofer that is installed in a car so that the woofer faces downwards. This type of subwoofer is typically installed in the trunk of a car.
2. How does a down-firing car subwoofer work?
A down-firing car subwoofer is a subwoofer that is installed in a car so that the bass speaker is facing down. This type of subwoofer is less common than other types of subwoofers, but it can be more effective in some cases.
3. What are the benefits of a down-firing car subwoofer?
There are a few benefits of a down-firing car subwoofer. One is that it can help to save space in your car. Another is that down-firing subwoofers tend to produce less vibration than other types of subwoofers, so they can be a good choice if you’re looking for a more refined sound. Finally, down-firing subwoofers can sometimes produce deeper and more powerful bass than other types of subwoofers.
4. How do I choose the right down-firing car subwoofer for my car?
There is no definitive answer, as the right subwoofer depends on the specific make and model of your car, as well as your personal preferences. However, some tips on choosing the right down-firing car subwoofer include paying attention to RMS power ratings, cone size, and frequency response. Additionally, it is important to make sure that the subwoofer you choose will fit in your car.
5. What are some things to keep in mind when installing a down-firing car subwoofer?
Some things to keep in mind when installing a down-firing car subwoofer include making sure that the subwoofer is properly positioned and secured, and that the wiring is properly connected. Additionally, it is important to make sure that the area around the subwoofer is clear of any obstacles that could impede the subwoofer’s performance.
There are many great down-firing car subwoofers on the market. Our list of the best down-firing car subwoofer will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.