We researched dozens of the top-rated forward-facing car seats on the market and put our findings to the test with real babies. Whether you’re looking for a car seat for twins or are planning to use the car seat for a longer period of time, we found the best options for you.
Top 10 Forward-Facing Car Seat
Our Editor’s Best Forward-Facing Car Seat Reviews
Safety 1st Grow and Go Comfort Cool All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, Rear-facing 5-50 lbs, Forward-facing 22-65 lbs, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 lbs, Niagara Mist
- This is a forward-facing car seat that can accommodate a child weighing between 5 and 50 pounds in the rear-facing position, a child weighing between 22 and 65 pounds in the forward-facing position, and a child weighing between 40 and 100 pounds in the belt-positioning booster position. The actual fit of the seat may vary, and not all children will be comfortable in the seat for the entire weight and height range listed.
- This forward-facing car seat has comfortable cool technology to keep your baby cool, dry, and comfortable.
- This car seat is designed to protect your child in the event of a side-impact collision. It features side impact protection foam and an adjustable headrest to provide the best possible protection for your child.
- This forward-facing car seat comes with three reversible pillows that can be used to create a snug and comfortable fit for your child.
- This car seat has integrated storage pockets in the armrests, making it easy to store small items within reach. The armrests are also soft to the touch for added comfort.
Diono Radian 3QXT 4-in-1 Rear and Forward Facing Convertible Car Seat, Safe Plus Engineering, 4 Stage Infant Protection, 10 Years 1 Car Seat, Slim Fit 3 Across, Yellow Mineral
- This is a convertible car seat that can be used in both the rear and forward-facing positions. It is designed for use with children from 4-120 lbs.
- This is a car seat that is designed to be used in a rear-facing position for infants and toddlers weighing between 4 and 50 pounds. It comes with inserts to provide additional support and protection, as well as a steel anti-rebound bar to reduce the risk of rebound rotation by 50%.
- The Radian all-in-one convertible car seat is a forward-facing car seat that features a Safe plus steel rear-facing anti-rebound bar, steel reinforced frame, advanced side impact protection, and SuperLATCH attachment. This car seat has been rigorously tested to ensure the safety of your child.
- This forward-facing car seat is designed to be easy to adjust with one hand and has a 12-position headrest. The headrest is contoured to improve child head containment and provides a 22% increase in occupancy range from the Radian R series.
- This is a forward-facing car seat for a shopper that is built with a Radian slim-fit convertible design. This design allows for a 3-across option only with Diono Radian combinations without compromising child or passenger comfort.
Evenflo Chase Harnessed Booster, Jubilee, 18×18.5×29.5 Inch (Pack of 1)
- This car seat can be used in two ways. It can be used as a 5-point harnessed seat for children from 22-110 pounds or it can be converted to a belt-positioning seat. This makes it perfect for extended use as your child grows.
- This forward-facing car seat features a harness adjuster that is centrally located and can be accessed from the front, making it easy to adjust the child’s harness for a snug and accurate fit.
- This is a lightweight, forward-facing car seat that can be easily installed and transferred between vehicles using the LATCH system. It should not be cleaned with abrasive cleaners or solvents.
- The car seat has two buckle positions to adjust for more seating space as the child grows.
- This is a forward-facing car seat with integrated cup holders. It is designed for children aged two years and up and can accommodate multiple car seats in your back seat. The seat belt booster is designed for children aged four years and up.
CYBEX Sirona S with SensorSafe, Convertible Car Seat, 360° Rotating Seat, Rear-Facing or Forward-Facing Car Seat, Easy Installation, SensorSafe Chest Clip, Instant Safety Alerts, Premium Black
- This car seat is a convertible car seat, meaning it can be used in both rear-facing and forward-facing positions. It features an innovative 360° rotatable seat, making it quick and easy to switch between positions.
- This forward-facing car seat has an EasyLock Bar that reduces the force needed for installation by up to 4x. It also has dual-level indicators to ensure that the seat is at the correct recline angle and a load leg that can reduce rotation in certain crashes by up to 30%.
- This car seat features SensorSafe technology, which is built into the chest clip. This technology provides app alerts if a child unbuckles themselves; if the back seat has become too warm or too cold; if a child has been seated for too long; or if the driver accidentally leaves the child behind.
- This car seat has superior protection in the form of linear side-impact protection, which can absorb up to 25% more impact in a collision. Additionally, the anti-rebound design reduces car seat rebound movement in the event of a crash.
- This is a forward-facing car seat with an adjustable headrest and 12 different headrest positions. The Sirona S harness adjusts without re-threading, making it easier to adjust the height of the shoulder straps as your child grows.
Safety 1st Grand 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat, Forward-Facing with Harness, 30-65 pounds and Belt-Positioning Booster, 40-120 pounds, Capri Teal
- This car seat is for a forward-facing child between the weight of 30-65 pounds. The car seat also serves as a belt-positioning booster for a child between the weight of 40-120 pounds.
- This car seat is designed to be able to fit three seats across in most vehicles. This is great for larger families or for carpools.
- The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat is a lightweight car seat that is easy to move from car to car. It can be used as a forward-facing seat for children who are at least 2 years old and weigh at least 20 pounds.
- This is a forward-facing car seat that has deluxe fabric, making it comfortable for kids.
- This car seat has an adjustable headrest, so you can customize the amount of support it provides.
Evenflo Maestro Sport Convertible Booster Car Seat, Forward Facing, High Back, 5-Point Harness, For Kids 2 to 8 Years Old, Whitney Pink
- This is a forward-facing car seat that is convertible and can be used for kids ages 2-8 years old or from 22-110 pounds. The dimensions are 17 x 19 x 27.5 inches.
- This is a dual-use car seat that can be used as a 5-point harness car seat for toddlers ages 2-4 from 22-50 pounds and 28-50 inches tall or as a high-back booster seat for kids ages 4-8 from 40-110 pounds and 44-57 inches tall.
- This is a forward-facing car seat with an adjustable harness and belt. The harness adjusts to fit a growing child, and the booster seat features a shoulder seat belt guide to keep it in the proper position for your child.
- This forward-facing car seat has a wipeable and machine-washable car seat pad that removes for easy cleaning.
- This car seat is for a forward-facing child and has two cup holders for drinks and snacks. It meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo’s side impact standards.
Chicco NextFit Zip Convertible Car Seat | Rear-Facing Seat for Infants 12-40 lbs. | Forward-Facing Toddler Car Seat 25-65 lbs. | Baby Travel Gear | Carbon
- This is a forward-facing car seat that can be used for children weighing between 22 and 65 pounds. It has a 9-position recline system, an easy-adjust headrest, and a padded 5-point harness.
- This is a forward-facing car seat that is easy to install with a SuperCinch force-multiplying tightener and a LockSure belt-locking system.
- This forward-facing car seat has a lot of features that are designed for convenience and comfort. It includes a CupFolder that is dishwasher-safe and space-saving, as well as soft, zip-off, machine-washable fabrics. It also has a removable newborn positioner that can be used from day one.
- This is a forward-facing car seat with a deep rigid shell for head and body support, EPS energy-absorbing foam, and a steel-reinforced frame. This seat offers superior protection for your child’s head and torso.
- This car seat is easy to install and uninstall, making it perfect for busy families who are always on the go. The LATCH connectors make it a snap to attach and detach the seat, while the push-button release makes it easy to transition between modes.
Maxi-Cosi Pria All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, rear-facing, from 4-40 pounds; forward-facing to 65 pounds; and up to 100 pounds in booster mode, Blackened Pearl
- This car seat is a 3-in-1 seating system that can be used rear-facing for a child weighing 4-40 pounds, forward-facing for a child up to 65 pounds, and in booster mode for a child up to 100 pounds.
- This car seat is forward-facing and has side-impact protection with a cell to protect your child’s head in a side-impact crash.
- The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat is a forward-facing car seat for a shopper. The In and-out harness holders keep straps out of the way when buckling.
- This car seat has a 1 click latch system that is easy to install.
- This is a forward-facing car seat with a quick-fit shoulder harness that automatically raises the harness and headrest height.
Diono Radian 3R, 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Rear Facing & Forward Facing, 10 Years 1 Car Seat, Slim Fit 3 Across, Jet Black
- This car seat is designed to keep your child rear-facing for a longer period of time, up to 50 pounds or 4 years old.
- This is a forward-facing car seat that can be used for children from birth to 10 years old or up to 120 pounds. It has four different positions to offer a custom fit and comes with a booster seat for additional support.
- This car seat is made from high-strength steel to protect the occupant in the event of a collision. The seat is designed to face the front of the vehicle, providing better support and protection for the head and neck in the event of a crash.
- The Radian 3 Across is a forward-facing car seat that can accommodate three children across the backseat. It is designed with a slim fit to allow for more passenger comfort.
KidsEmbrace Disney Minnie Mouse 2-in-1 Forward-Facing Booster Car Seat LATCH | 5-Point Harness Booster 22-65lbs converts to Belt-Positioning Booster 40-100lbs | Adjustable
- This is a forward-facing car seat with a 5-point harness for security. The harness has two position points at each shoulder, two position points at the child’s hips, and one point where the harness buckles between the legs.
- This forward-facing car seat has three slots to position the harness shoulder straps, depending on the age and height of your child.
- This forward-facing car seat has a five-point harness and can be used for children weighing between 22 and 65 pounds and 29 to 49 inches in height. It easily converts to a belt-positioning booster seat for older children weighing between 40 and 100 pounds and 38 to 57 inches in height.
- The seat is a forward-facing car seat that exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. It is sided impact tested only when used with a 5-point harness. It has an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety “Best Bet” rating when used as a belt-positioning booster.
- This forward-facing car seat includes an adjustable headrest and cup holders. The headrest is equipped with energy-absorbing EPS foam for comfort, and the seat includes two cup holders for added convenience.
Forward Facing Car Seat FAQs
1. When is it appropriate to switch my child to a forward-facing car seat?
Most children can switch to a forward-facing car seat when they are around 2 years old or when they reach the maximum weight or height limit for their rear-facing car seat.
2. How do I know if my child is ready for a forward-facing car seat?
There is no definitive answer to this question since every child is different, but there are some general guidelines that can help you determine if your child is ready for a forward-facing car seat. Typically, children should be at least one year old and weigh at least 20 pounds before they can safely sit in a forward-facing car seat.
Additionally, it is important to make sure that your child’s head is well supported by the headrest in a forward-facing car seat, and that they are able to sit up straight and stay in that position for extended periods of time.
3. What are the benefits of a forward-facing car seat?
A forward-facing car seat is much safer for a child than a rear-facing car seat. In the event of a crash, a child in a rear-facing car seat can be seriously injured or killed. A child in a forward-facing car seat is much less likely to be injured or killed in a crash.
4. What are the risks of not using a forward-facing car seat?
The risks of not using a forward-facing car seat are:-Your child could be ejected from the car in an accident-Your child could be severely injured or killed in an accident-Your child could be thrown forward in an accident and hit the dashboard or steering wheel
5. How do I choose the right forward-facing car seat for my child?
There is a variety of forward-facing car seats on the market. When choosing a seat for your child, consider the following factors:-Your child’s age, height, and weight.-The type of vehicle you have.-Your budget.-The features of the seat.-Ease of installation.-The seat’s warranty.
There are many great forward-facing car seats on the market. Our list of the best forward-facing car seat will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.