The car seat is one of the most important pieces of baby gear because it will protect your child in the event of a crash, so it’s crucial to do your research before committing to a particular model.
But how do you know which seats are the best? We researched countless car seats and read through thousands of reviews to make sure we only select the best narrow car seats.
Top 10 Narrow Car Seats
Our Editor’s Best Narrow Car Seats Reviews
BubbleBum Inflatable Booster Seat – Travel Booster Seat – Portable Car Booster Seat – Booster Seat for Car – Foldable Narrow Slim Design Carseat – Perfect for Kids 4-11yrs Old – Black
- The BubbleBum car seat is a narrow, backless car seat that is inflatable. It is designed for use by children ages 4 and up and can be used in both rear- and front-facing positions. The seat has a patented system that guarantees stability and comfort and comes with a travel bag for easy storage and transport.
- The car seats are designed for children who weigh between 40 and 100 pounds. They are equipped with a seat belt positioning clip to ensure the seat belt fits properly and is comfortable. The seats exceed all US federal car safety standards and European regulations.
- The BubbleBum inflatable car seat is a narrow car seat that is perfect for car rentals, taxis, vacations, and carpooling. The seat is perfect for kids 4 – 11 years old and is easy to take with you on all your adventures.
- The car seats are narrow and compact, making them perfect for the middle seat. They are also small enough to fit between two full-size car seats, allowing three kids to sit across the back of almost any car.
- This is a car seat that has been awarded for its design and safety. It is made to fit snugly in a car seat and has a lifetime guarantee.
hiccapop UberBoost Inflatable Booster Car Seat | Blow up Narrow Backless Booster Car Seat for Travel | Portable Booster Seat for Toddlers, Kids, Child | Black/Gray
- The hiccapop UberBoost is a portable car seat that inflates with only a few breaths and installs easily and quickly. It Deflates and rolls up tightly in its own travel bag for a compact fit in suitcases, carry-ons, large purses,s or backpacks.
- The car seats are narrow so they will fit in smaller cars, and they are certified safe for children. They meet or exceed all federal standards for car seat safety.
- These seats are designed to be sturdy and stable, with a non-skid base that will sit firm on your upholstery. They provide soothing stability while riding and limit movement in case of an accident.
- This is a description of car seats that are narrow in width but can still accommodate three people. They are designed to fit in smaller vehicles or to be used as a middle seat between two traditional car seats.
- The seats are designed for small children and have extra cushioning for comfort. They also have positioning clips to ensure that the child’s belt is properly positioned and comfortable.
Evenflo Maestro Sport Convertible Booster Car Seat, Forward Facing, High Back, 5-Point Harness, For Kids 2 to 8 Years Old, Whitney Pink
- This is a convertible car seat that can be used in a forward-facing or rear-facing position. It is for kids ages 2-8 years old or from 22-110 pounds. The dimensions are 17 x 19 x 27.5 inches.
- The car seats are designed for toddlers ages 2-4 and children ages 4-8. The seats are narrow and have a 5-point harness. The seats are also high-back boosters.
- This is a product description for a car seat that is adjustable to accommodate a growing child, and that features a shoulder seat belt guide to keep the belt in the proper position.
- The seats are easy to clean because the seat pads are wipeable and machine-washable. The pads can also be removed for easy cleaning.
- This is a description of the safety features and convenience of the car seats.
Diono Solana 2 XL, Dual Latch Connectors, Lightweight Backless Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat, 8 Years 1 Booster Seat, Black
- This car seat is designed for a child who is between 40 and 120 pounds. It is a backless booster seat that has a wide, ergonomically contoured seat to prevent slipping. It also has extra length for better leg support.
- The car seats are designed for portability and are lightweight. They are easy to transfer between vehicles.
- This car has two retractable cup holders that are space-saving and keep drinks and snacks within easy reach.
- The car seats are narrow and have LATCH connectors and front adjusters for quick, secure installation.
- This is a car seat that is narrow and has a comfortable fabric cover that is easily removed and machine washable.
Cosco Topside Backless Booster Car Seat (Leo)
- The car seat is designed for a child to sit in during car rides. The seat is narrow and backless, and it has a strap that goes around the child’s waist. The seat is also equipped with a belt to keep the child’s seatbelt in place.
- This is a car seat that is meant for growing kids. It can hold kids who weigh between 40 to 100 pounds, and who are between 43 to 57 inches in height.
- The car seat is lightweight and easy to move, making it perfect for changing vehicles. The latch is not required, making it even easier to use.
- This backless booster seat has extra plush padding for comfort on long rides. The seat cover is made from a hand-washable fabric.
- This car seat is designed to not leave marks on your car’s seats.
- This booster seat is designed for children who are 4-10 years old and weigh between 40 and 100 pounds. It includes a 1-year limited warranty.
- The car seats are designed for children and feature a narrow design that makes them easy to use in smaller spaces. They are also equipped with a variety of safety features that make them ideal for use in a car.
Cosco Finale Dx 2-In-1 Combination Booster Car Seat, Sport Blue, 1 Count (Pack of 1)
- The car seats are for a forward-facing position with a harness for 30 to 65 pounds and a belt-positioning booster for 40 to 100 pounds.
- The car seats are designed to fit three people across most vehicles. They are great for growing families and carpools.
- These seats are designed to be installed in a smaller car, or one with limited space. They are easy to move and install and are also lightweight so they don’t add much weight to the car.
- The Deluxe Fabric Car Seat is a great choice for parents who are looking for a safe and comfortable car seat for their child. The car seat features a five-point harness system that keeps your child secure in the seat, and the deluxe fabric gives kids a comfy ride. The car seat also has a reclining feature that allows you to adjust the seat to fit your child’s needs.
- This is a car seat with a cup holder that can be detached and used on either side of the seat. The cup holder is dishwasher-safe.
- This car seat has a narrow design that is perfect for use in booster mode. It has a high rating from the IIHS for safety and is a great choice for parents who want the best for their children.
- This car has narrow seats that might not be comfortable for some shoppers. It is made in the USA with American and imported parts.
Graco SnugRide 35 Lite LX Infant Car Seat, Studio
- This is a car seat that is narrow and is good for infants that are rear-facing. It helps protect them from 4-35 lb and up to 32″.
- The car seats are narrow and light, making them easy to carry from the car to the stroller.
- This is a car seat with a 4-position adjustable base. This is helpful for installation and for keeping the baby comfortable as he or she grows.
- The car seats are easy to read and have a level indicator to help with installation.
- This car seat is designed to protect your child in the event of a frontal, side, rear, or rollover crash.
Graco SlimFit 3-in-1 Car Seat -Slim & Comfy Design Saves Space in Your Back Seat, Darcie, One Size
- This car seat is for a child that will be rear-facing from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing from 22-65 pounds, and a highback booster from 40-100 pounds.
- This is a description of a car seat with a slim design and dual cup holders. The cup holders rotate away, making the seat 10% slimmer to save valuable back seat space.
- This car seat is designed to protect a child in the event of a frontal, side, rear, or rollover crash.
- This is a description of a car seat that has a harness system that can be easily adjusted. The headrest and harness can be adjusted together in one motion, making it easier to keep your child safe and comfortable in the seat.
- This product is a car seat with 10 positions for the headrest so that it can be adjusted to fit a child as they grow.
- The car seats are narrow and have a 4-position recline. They are also designed to be more comfortable for your child and to be easier to install.
- This car seat has a narrow design that makes it easy to install with push-button LATCH. It also has an audible click to help ensure a secure installation.
- This is a car seat with a harness storage compartment that can be used in booster mode.
- The car seats have a steel frame that is reinforced to provide strength and durability. They are designed to last for 10 years.
- The car seats are designed to be installed easily with the help of a level indicator.
Chicco KidFit Zip Plus 2-in-1 Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat, Backless and High Back Booster Seat, For children aged 4 years and up and 40-100 lbs. | Seascape/Blue
- This car seat is designed to protect the head and torso in the event of a collision. It features two layers of DuoGuard protection, as well as a 10-position headrest that can be adjusted for comfort.
- This is a narrow, lightweight car seat that is easy to install and remove. It has a built-in cup holder and is adjustable to fit a variety of different sizes.
- The car seats are narrow and have stylish quilted seats and backrest cushions. The cushions are durable and can be zipped off for easy machine washing.
- The car seats are designed for comfort and convenience with a contoured ErgoBoost Plus seat and triple-foam padding. The 2-position backrest adjusts to mimic the vehicle seat position.
- This is a travel booster seat with narrow car seats and two removable, dishwasher-safe CupFolders. The CupFolders fold out of the way when empty and there is a bonus storage console that fits into either CupFolder.
Britax Skyline 2-Stage Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat, Dusk – Highback and Backless Seat
- The car seats are narrow and have a high back for positioning. They easily convert to a backless booster to keep your child safer for a longer period of time.
- This is a car seat that will fit a child that is 40 to 120 pounds and up to 63 inches in height.
- This car seat is designed for a child who is no longer a baby but still needs a car seat. The seat is narrow so that it does not take up a lot of space in the car, and it is padded for comfort. The armrests are built so that the child can rest their arms while they are seated.
- The car seats are narrow and have removable covers and dishwasher-safe cup holders. They are easy to clean between rides.
- The car seats are narrow and have two layers of side impact protection. They have an energy-absorbing shell and foam-lined headrest.
Narrow Car Seat FAQs
1. What are the dimensions of a narrow car seat?
The dimensions of a narrow car seat are 17.5 inches wide and 18.5 inches deep.
2. How do I know if a car seat will fit in my vehicle?
Most car seats will have a fit guide on the back or bottom of the seat. You can also look up the car seat on the manufacturer’s website to see if they have a fit guide listed.
3. What are the benefits of a narrow car seat?
There are a few benefits of having a narrow car seat. One is that it can save you space in your vehicle. If you have a smaller car or SUV, you won’t have to worry about the car seat taking up too much room.
Additionally, a narrower car seat can make it easier to get your child in and out of the seat. If you have a wider seat, it can be more difficult to maneuver your child in and out.
4. How do I install a narrow car seat?
There are a few ways to install a narrow car seat, but the most common is to use the LATCH system. To do this, first, find the LATCH anchors in your car. They will be located either in the seat bight (the crease where the seat back and bottom meet) or on the floor.
Once you have located the anchors, thread the seat belt through the car seat and around the anchors. Then, use the LATCH connectors to attach the car seat to the anchors.
5. Are there any special considerations for using a narrow car seat?
There are special considerations for using a narrow car seat, such as making sure the seat is properly secured and that the child is properly positioned in the seat. Additionally, it is important to make sure that the child’s head and neck are supported, and that the child’s airway is clear.
There are many great narrow car seats on the market. Our list of the best narrow car seats will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.