You’re nearing the end of the 5-year-old stage, but that doesn’t mean your child is out of car seats. In fact, it’s now safer for your child to remain in a booster seat longer than it was when she was younger.
At this stage, the 5-year-old is typically very active, moving around a lot and playing with various toys, so you’ll want to make sure the seat is comfortable and easy to install. It should also be easy for the 5-year-old to buckle herself in, though it’s a good idea to check that she knows how to do so properly before you step away.
Keep in mind that some car seats are designed to be used up to a certain weight or height, so you may have to keep shopping even after finding the right one for your child. Read on to learn more about our best car seats for 5 year-olds.
Top 10 Car Seats for 5 Year Old
Our Editor’s Best Car Seats For 5 Year Olds Reviews
Chicco KidFit Zip Plus 2-in-1 Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat, Backless and High Back Booster Seat, for Children Aged 4 Years and up and 40-100 lbs. | Taurus/Black/Grey
- This car seat is designed for 5 year olds with additional protection for the head and torso. It has two layers of DuoGuard for impact protection and a 10-position headrest for comfortable head and body support.
- This is a booster seat that is easy to install and remove. It has a SuperCinch one-pull tightener to stabilize the seat and the quick-release LATCH provides one-hand removal for easy transfer.
- This is a booster seat for a 5 year old with cushions that can be removed for easy washing.
- This car seat is designed for comfort and convenience, with a contoured seat and triple-foam padding for support. The backrest can be adjusted to two positions, and the seat includes a harness for safety.
- This is a car seat for 5 year olds that has added features like two removable, dishwasher-safe CupFolders and a bonus storage console.
Evenflo Maestro Sport Convertible Booster Car Seat, Forward Facing, High Back, 5-Point Harness, For Kids 2 to 8 Years Old, Whitney Pink
- This car seat is for kids ages 2-8 years old or from 22-110 pounds. It is a convertible car seat, so it can be used as a forward-facing car seat or a rear-facing car seat. The dimensions are 17 x 19 x 27.5 inches.
- This is a 2-in-1 car seat that can be used as a 5-point harness car seat for toddlers aged 2-4, or as a high-back booster seat for kids aged 4-8. It is for use by children weighing between 22 and 50 pounds, and measuring between 28 and 50 inches tall.
- This car seat is for 5 year olds and has an adjustable harness and belt. The harness adjusts to the growing child and the booster seat features a shoulder seat belt guide to keep it in the proper position for your child.
- The car seats for 5 year olds are easy to clean with a wipeable and machine-washable car seat pad that removes for easy cleaning.
- This car seat is for a 5 year old and includes 2 built in cup holders and meets all federal safety standards.
KidsEmbrace Marvel Avengers Group Backless Booster Car Seat with Seatbelt Positioning Clip, Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green
- This is a backless booster car seat designed for children aged 4 and up. It can accommodate children weighing between 40 and 100 pounds, and measuring between 40 and 57 inches in height.
- This is a car seat for a 5 year old that is contoured and has extra polyurethane foam padding for added comfort.
- This is a backless booster car seat with a belt positioning clip, designed for children aged 5 and up. It features a character graphic from the Avengers movie franchise, and has a shoulder belt positioning clip to help adjust the seat belt to the child’s size.
- The car seats for 5 year olds shopper should feel safe knowing that the product is a certified “BEST BET BOOSTER” from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and exceeds the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS 213).
- The car seat has a cup holder so that your child can drink or eat while they are riding in the car.
KidsEmbrace High-Back Booster Car Seat, DC Comics Batman
- This car seat is for 5 year olds and up. It is a high back booster car seat that can transition to a backless booster.
- The car seats are for 5 year olds who are between 40 and 100 pounds and 38 to 57 inches tall.
- The car seats are for 5 year olds and have a shoulder belt positioning clip and a belt positioning clip guide.
- This car seat is certified safe for use by 5 year olds, and has received high marks for safety from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- This car seat has a cup holder so that your child can have a drink or snack during the ride.
Kids Girls Wool Blend Hoodie Capes Poncho Children Spring Autumn Winter Car Seat Jacket Outwear (Dark Gray, 5-6 Years)
- This is a cape poncho for 5 year olds that is made from soft blend fabric. It has lining and cute pockets. The Western style hoodie design cape poncho has buttons that convert to sleeve-holes for arms through. There are multi candy color options, including burgundy red, camel, pink, beige, and dark gray.
- This is a car seat for a 5 year old child. It is made for outdoor use and has a hand-hug cover. It is also suitable for use in the morning and night.
- This is a car seat for a 5 year old. It is size 1T 2T 3T 4T 5-6X 7T 8T 10T. It is suitable for 1-12 year old kids. If your kids grow up fast or higher/stronger, please order 1 size larger as your actual needs. Please kindly check the size measurements before making orders.
- This car seat is for a 5 year old and can be machine or hand washed. Do not bleach the seat and hang dry it. Low temperature of ironing is recommended.
- This is a car seat for 5 year olds that can also be used as a jacket or poncho. It is made for girls and is pink in color.
KidsEmbrace High-Back Booster Car Seat, Marvel Spider-Man
- This is a car seat that will grow with your child, and easily transition from a high-back booster to a backless booster depending on their age and size.
- These car seats are designed for 5 year olds who are between 40 and 100 pounds and 38 to 57 inches tall.
- This car seat is designed for 5 year olds, and has a shoulder belt positioning clip and a belt positioning clip guide for the backless booster.
- This is a car seat for a 5 year old that is certified safe and has a high back booster.
- The car seat has a cup holder so that the child can have a drink or snack while riding in the car.
USA Road Trip Activity Book For 4-9 Year Olds | Large Print: Awesome Road Trip Car Games, Puzzles, Mazes, Jokes, Word Games, Coloring Pages & Activities
Power Ride On Toy Assembly
- This car seat is for a shopper who wants to buy a ride on toy for their 5 year old. The seat comes with assembly instructions for the customer to follow.
- This product is for a car seat that is to be assembled before the provider arrives. Moving the product after assembly is not included.
- This car seat is for 5 year olds and it may take longer to assemble or there may be additional fees for extra accessories.
- This is a car seat for a 5 year old. It is safe and comfortable. It is easy to clean and has a packaging that can be taken to the customer’s bins.
- The shopper would be responsible for removing the car seat from the premises and disposing of it themselves.
- This car seat is for 5 year olds and up. It has been full product tested and is safe for your child.
PBS KIDS: 20 Incredible Tales DVD
Demolition Derby 2
- This car seat is for 5 year old and up. It has a five-point harness and is made of durable materials. It is also adjustable so that it can grow with your child.
- These car seats are designed to fit 5 year old specifically. They have a 5-point harness system and are made with comfortable, breathable fabric. They also have a built-in cup holder for your child’s favorite beverage.
- This car seat is for 5 year old and up. It has a five-point harness for safety and is adjustable to fit your child. The car seat is also equipped with a tether strap to keep your child secure in their seat.
- This car seat is designed for 5 year old and up. It is a racing style seat with a high back and a harness for safety.
Car Seats For 5 Year Old FAQs
1. What are the best car seats for 5 year olds?
There are a variety of car seats that are appropriate for year old. Some of the best car seats for year old include the Britax Marathon Convertible Car Seat, the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat, and the Evenflo Maestro Sport Harness Booster Car Seat.
2. What are the different types of car seats for 5 year olds?
There are three different types of car seats for year olds: rear-facing, forward-facing, and booster seats.
3. What are the safety features of car seats for 5 year olds?
Car seats for year olds typically have a five-point harness system to keep your child secure in the seat. The seats also have side impact protection and are often adjustable to grow with your child.
4. What are the benefits of car seats for 5 year olds?
Some benefits of car seats for year olds are that they can help keep your child safe in the event of a car accident, and they can also help to keep your child comfortable and secure while riding in the car. Additionally, car seats can also help to protect your child from the sun and other elements while they are riding in the car.
5. How do I choose the right car seat for my 5 year old?
There are many different types of car seats on the market, so choosing the right one for your year old can be a daunting task. However, there are a few key factors you should consider when making your decision.
First, you need to choose a car seat that is appropriate for your child’s age, weight, and height. Second, you need to make sure that the car seat you choose is compatible with your vehicle. Finally, you need to decide whether you want a rear-facing or forward-facing car seat.
There are many great car seats for 5 year olds on the market. Our list of the best car seats for 5 year olds will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.